
Kaptoon (Sept. 7, 2008)
In Canada we are in the midst of another surprise election. Harper has managed to break one of his key election promises and has forced us to watch a campaign that no one wanted.
I cheer for Elizabeth May and her entry into the debates; but also realize that her success will be most likely result in the Liberal's losing seats to the Conservatives. I could rant on and on about negative, misleading ads that have been put out by the conservatives (need I say more than puffin?), but I every time I look at Harper in one of his new sweater vests I want to be sick!! After seeing one of his ads I was so incensed that I actually decided to join the Liberal Party. Wondering if I will actually get a card in the mail? I am finally a card carrying member of something other than my bank!
If you are as sick as I am than put your money where your mouth is and join the party of your choice!
Go Liberals! www.liberal.ca
If you are like me than you have been fascinated by the American election. I have not been able to turn away as I have been in awe of the depths to which the Republicans have sunk and that they are leading in the polls AMAZES me! I mean they are lying through their expensively bleached teeth and nobody in the media seems to call them on it.

Palin is creepy and scary and McCain has been corrupted so completely that I am surprised anyone recognizes him.
Crap how are we going to survive a whole season of this?
2 comments:
It is too bad that the Green Party (Elizabeth May) may split the Liberal vote. They should do what the Conservatives did with the Reform Party - amalgamate.
If you are a Green and your riding's Liberal cadidate's chance of winning is like a snowball's in hell, then vote Green.
If your riding is close (ie. between Libs and Cons) then give the vote to the Libs. Remember, our goal is to REMOVE THE CONSERVATIVES.
It makes me sick that Harper (head of Conservatives; ruling party) has the audacity to stick an unwanted election into the mix right by Thanksgiving and the "who can resist watching" shennanigans of the USA election. Politics - puh.
Thanks for writing about Canadian election.
Argh -- don't get me started! Like you, I am awestruck and slack-jawed at the insanity south of the border. Sarah Palin turns my blood to ice.
Good thoughts from Heather re: options for voting. Our riding's incumbent is a Tory who'd fit right in with the Repubs.
So glad you're blogging again, Dan. I love your mind!!!
...and I love the photo of you with the kids! Can I have a copy, pleeeeeeeeeze?
Love you xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo
Post a Comment